Is mediation right for me?
May 14, 2019
Mediation is a fast, effective and economic method of dispute resolution but it isn’t for everyone. You should consider Mediation if:
- You are looking for an affordable divorce
- If you do not want to draw out your divorce proceedings over a long period
- If you want to end your marriage amicably
- If you are considering joint parenting
- If you want to make your divorce easier on your children
- If you want more control over your decisions
However, mediation may not be the right fit for you if the following is true.
- You are expecting a long drawn custody battle
- If either of you refuses to show flexibility on your position
- If either of you is taking a position based on “principle only”
- In some cases of intimate partner violence where the power balance can’t be rectified through other means